Bella Vista College Preparatory High School Graduation Requirements
The State Board is responsible for setting statewide minimum requirements for graduation from high school, which can be found in Arizona Administrative Code R7-2-302. Districts and charter schools may, at their discretion, establish graduation credit requirements for their students in addition to the statewide requirements. The statewide minimum course of study requires students to take a minimum of 22 credits:
- Four credits of English or English as a Second Language;
- Three credits in social studies to include one credit of American history, including Arizona history; one credit of world history/geography; one-half credit of American government, including Arizona government; and one-half credit of economics.
- Four credits of mathematics to minimally include Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 (or a personal curriculum), and a fourth course that contains high school content
- Three credits of science in preparation for proficiency at the high school level on the Iowa Basic science assessment.
- One credit of fine arts or career and technical education and vocational education.
- Seven credits of additional courses prescribed by the governing board of Bella Vista.
More information about high school graduation, and transfer of high school credits, can be found at http://www.azed.gov/adeinfo/hsgrad/